Resistant, practical and hygienic, “modern” vinyl floors also offer an extraordinary variety of designs, from bright colours, abstract motifs, compositions of white, black and even perfect reproductions of natural materials such as wood and stone. Install?
Vinyl floors provide comfort through the tread as they provide cushioning. They were born to be installed in hotels, children’s play areas and, of course, in large shopping centres to reduce vibrations, maintain hygiene and alleviate footfall. Nowadays, many finishes are offered, glossy, matte, extra matte, non-slip and almost natural textures.
Things to consider before installation
- Installs on flat, level surfaces.
- There is no reason to remove the existing flooring as long as it is in normal condition.
- The thing changes if a tile or plank is in poor condition, detached, or with a moustache (known as a protrusion). The idea is to restore it before proceeding to install a vinyl floor. Possible undulations and unnecessary deformities are avoided.
- Its installation is simple, fast and economical.
How is a vinyl floor installed?
Depending on its format, whether it is rollable or in slats, there are two installation options: grip glue or adhesive paper.
Vinyl roll installation
- Clean the surface well with a damp cloth.
- Present the piece for subsequent trimming, marking the fold before cutting.
- Using a flat, wide brush, spread a layer of vinyl glue.
- If the format is rollable, extend it on the glue, and the roll will be pushed with a plastic or wooden master plate lined with textile to avoid possible scratches (greater flatness and setting of the vinyl on the floor).
- Once you have reached the edge of the base of the wall or furniture, cut with a professional cutter, a ruler, or a steel angle is also necessary so that the cuts are perfect, without waves or line demarcations.
- For a precise cut, the cortex is used horizontally, and the ruler pushes the edge where it will be cut to the limit. The additional millimetres necessary to reach the cutting edge do not remain retracted and cover up to the end of the plane, thanks to the initial cutting position of the cortex.
- The fewer cuts, the better the result (depends on whether the room is furnished or empty).
Installation of vinyl in slats
- A continuous adhesive paper is spread over the pavement.
- The vinyl slats will be installed on it.
- For a correct alignment, the plinth plugs indicate the distance to leave between the wall and the sheet.
- The assembly is regulated each time one of them is installed. , either a hammer to unify the tongue-and-groove shape or a special regulation tool between the wall and the vinyl slat. Among the best sellers on Amazon, we find sets for installing laminate flooring for 10.75 euros.
- The cuts before any object will be precise. We will leave you more information in this video, where you can see the process of reducing the door frame or using a top with a crown to cut circumferences.
Advantages of vinyl flooring
- Resistance to wear, scratches and stains (a good vinyl floor offers up to 15 years of guarantee). Its impermeability is very important. It withstands humidity (ideal for placing in bathrooms, kitchens and children’s bedrooms) and is easy to clean. Opting for them within a current lifestyle is a quick solution, where cleaning and little time can be made compatible.
- Other advantages are the minimal wear and tear. If it is at home, they will resist even longer, with the additional acoustic and thermal comfort that helps create a cosy home atmosphere.
- There are models with surface finishes (Extrem Protection) based on cross-linked polyurethane, with seven times greater durability than any other conventional vinyl floor.
- Before launching to buy a vinyl floor, you have to take into account the thickness. For example, 2.8 mm with a useful layer of 0.35 mm is adequate to obtain a sound absorption of 19 dB
100% translucent material with a closed structure, they do not emit any odour, lightweight and good chemical resistance in some of them (higher quality, better resistance to chemicals and renewable capacity).
Types of vinyl flooring
You can go crazy with the variety of brands that the market offers. The best thing is to opt for a floor with performance equivalent to the established use and durability time. Do you want a cheap floor with a short-term guarantee? o Do you prefer quality vinyl flooring that lasts over time? “Very personal decision” is not the same for a vacation home as it is for a property for daily use.
The existing vinyl floors on the market are normal or non-slip floors in sheets and rolls. Roll floors with a special textile backing ensure that small defects in the base floor become invisible.
Where to install a vinyl floor?
The product’s great versatility makes it possible to install it from a hotel lobby to a kitchen, bathroom, bedroom or living room. They are suitable for use as a decorative finish and are aesthetically very attractive. A vinyl floor may be the best option to make a change of floor if the budget is low.
When choosing your floor, always consider that it is manufactured under sustainability derived from healthy recycled materials. Always under the premise of ecological design and healthy and safe ingredients derived from minerals that can be quickly reused and recycled but do not affect the health of people or the environment.